- journey by coach or plane
- 15/17 holiday days
- 14 nights at the homestay
- rooms of 2 or 3
- full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- youth group supervisors 24h (German speaking teamers)
- basic course English (15 x45min per week)
- paint lessons (10 x 60min per week)
- course materials & placement test
- participation certificate (English & paint)
- daily leisure time activities
- student ID card
- information materials and city maps
- information evening prior to the holiday (min. 20 people)
- one day trip to London (min. stay of 2 weeks)
- one half day trip per week
- two activities per week (e.g. bowling, cinema, disco)
You not only want to improve your English but also enjoy art and want to get better at drawing and painting? This combined language holiday is the perfect solution!
Weymouth and Portland are two interlinking, picturesque tourist towns on the English South Coast; with its long sandy beach and a lovely town Weymouth is the perfect location for your language holiday. During summer, the Weymouth Carnival or the regular fireworks at the beach are some highlights. Portland offers lovely nature walks and a breath-taking view over Weymouth. During the half-day trips you get to explore the surrounding sights, such as Durdle Door or the lovely towns of Christchurch and Bournemouth.
The famous art teacher and gallery owner Debbie Veitch delivers the paint lessons. Regardless of your skills, you’re very welcome in the d’Veitch Gallery where you will learn new and interesting techniques. The course covers different drawing and painting techniques, such as pencil, coal, acrylic paint, oil paint, mash-up art, water or pastel colours.
Weymouth and Portland have a lot to offer and we make sure you don’t get bored. Our “paint & talk” programme is a great way to combing studying English with your favourite hobby. You will not only be in English classes but also paint and draw. The famous painter Debbie d’Veitch teaches you personally in 10 sessions of 60 minutes per week. She shows you the perfect brush and provides you with many tips and tricks regarding different painting and drawing techniques and materials.
After and between classes, you will have plenty of time to get to know your host family and explore Weymouth. During breakfast and dinner times you’ll be able to see what the typical English family is like and get to know the country and its people. For lunch, you’ll be provided with a lunch pack, this is typically English as well. Your teamers plan many exciting and interesting activities for you to make sure you won’t get bored. Bowling, a town quiz or a trip to the cinema are just a few options.