- journey by coach or plane
- 10/15/17 holiday days
- 7/12/14 nights at the homestay
- rooms of 2 or 3
- full board (breakfast, lunch, dinner)
- youth group supervisors 24h (German speaking teamers)
- basic course English (15 x45min per week)
- course materials & placement test
- participation certificate
- daily leisure time activities
- student ID card
- information materials and city maps
- information evening prior to the holiday (min. 20 people)
- one day trip to London (min. stay of 2 weeks)
- one half day trip per week
- two activities per week (e.g. bowling, cinema, disco)
- stay in London during the return journey (coach journey only, not during autumn)
Weymouth and Portland are two interlinking, picturesque tourist towns on the English South Coast; with its long sandy beach and a lovely town Weymouth is the perfect location for your language holiday. During summer, the Weymouth Carnival or the regular fireworks at the beach are some highlights. Portland offers lovely nature walks and a breath-taking view over Weymouth. During the half-day trips you get to explore the surrounding sights, such as Durdle Door or the lovely towns of Christchurch and Bournemouth. During the 2012 Olympic Games, Weymouth & Portland hosted the sailing competitions.
Weymouth is a picturesque tourist town on the English South Coast and is one of the most popular holiday spots in the UK. Especially the fantastic beach promenade and its landmark, the Jubilee Clock, attracts many tourists. The Jubilee Clock is especially pretty in the evening when it’s all lit up. Hence, this town is the perfect place to be for everyone wanting to relax on the beach after their lessons. Or you can enjoy the town centre with many shops, pubs and cafes.
Our language students spend their holiday among many other tourists – European as well as from all around the world. To us it is most important that all students have a great and fun stay here in England. The focus of the lessons lies on communication, which is improved through many exercises but also fun games. Additionally, we ask our teamers to design all leisure activities, such as scavenger hunts, a town quiz or a yummy picnic, in English. The teamers usually speak English with the students; however, German can be used in problem situation if it aids solving the problem. Highlight of the language holiday is the day in London on the journey back as well as an additional day trip to London (17 days holiday only).